How To Get Visa On Arrival in Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Hanoi airport map with Immigration & Visa Counter where you pick up your visa on arrival.
Direction: When you exit the airplane, please follow the sign to the visa on arrival counter (3 minute walk) and have all required documents ready to get the visa stamped. Normally the process takes less than 30 minutes, however, sometimes it may take a bit longer for 1-1.5 hours due to a large number of arrivals.
To get the Vietnam visa on arrival at Hanoi airport, you need it reach the “Nơi cấp thị thực – Visa upon arrival” counter. However, this signal may become unclear if there are lots of people.
Before that, take a look at some tips on preparing essential documents to save time at the airport:
- Your original passport (being valid for at least 6 months following your date of entry and having at least 2 blank pages)
- The visa approval letter (printed in paper already)
- The Vietnamese visa Application Form (Form N1 – also known as entry and exit form) with completed information and attached photo already. You can find this form attached together with the visa approval letter from us if you apply for Vietnam visa online with us and find the guide to complete this Form N1
- Vietnam visa photo at the airport. You can see the photo size and requirements
- Stamping fee (25$/person using 1 or 3-month single entry visa, and 50$/person using 1 or 3-month multiple entry visa).
After submitting documents to Visa upon arrival Counter,
- you need to wait while they process it. If it is busy, keep your eyes and ears open as they will call out your name or hold up your passport/photo. In this step, you will pay for the stamping fee.
- If you get the visa with some passports for you and your friends, you will receive 1 pink receipt for all; the visas will be in the passports already. Check the visas for errors while you are still at the working window.
- After receiving your passports back, proceed to the ‘Foreigners’ Passport Control Counter and get the stamp in your passport.
Getting to city center
Taxi transfer seems to be the most convenient way to get to the Hanoi city center. As of 2018, airport taxi charges a fixed rate of VND 350,000 (~US$17) for both 4 and 7 seaters cars (toll charges are included in the price). There are five taxi companies for your choice below:
1 - Mai Linh Taxi - Green
2 - Noi Bai airport Taxi - Light Yellow
3 - Airport Taxi - Light Blue
Frequently asked questions
What is the closing time for visa counter at Hanoi airport?
Can I get a photo at Hanoi airport?
There is no professional photo service at Hanoi airport, however, you can ask the officers to help you with photos. Our customers reported that they were able to get photos when they arrived for about US$3/each.
Is there any ATM machine within the visa counter area?
No. ATM machines are located outside of the visa counter area, please ask the visa officers for help in case you wish to withdraw the cash for the stamping fee.
How much is the stamping fee?
The stamping fee is fixed: As of 2019, it is $25 for single entry visa and $50 for multiple entry visa.
Can I pay the stamping fee by credit cards?
No, credit cards are not accepted. You can only pay by cash in Vietnamese Dong or US dollars.
Should I pay for "fast-track" service to avoid the queue?
No, fast track service is not recommended as it does not help you speed up the process in some cases. If you are travelling with children or elderly people, please ask the officers for privilege.